Caring And Effective Family Law Guidance
The family law team at Hess & Jendro Law Office, P.A., addresses a wide range of issues by drawing upon our legal knowledge and experience in our local courts. Regardless of your dispute, however, we believe that nothing is more important than the well-being of your family. Our attorneys work closely with clients, taking the time to get to know your needs and priorities so we can offer you the best service possible. We do all this while providing a constructive environment for both parents and children so the family can move forward in a positive manner.
Trusted Legal Counsel For All Family Law Matters
Our knowledgeable family law attorneys provide a wide range of family law guidance:
- Divorce: We understand that the divorce process can put great strain upon your family. Beyond the emotional turmoil that you and your children may suffer, along with legal and financial fears/concerns only compound the stress of a divorce
- Custody: We can help protect your parental rights that enable you to make religious, health care and educational decisions with regard to your children’s upbringing.
- Modifications: If you have already received a divorce decree and circumstances have changed, our office can provide prompt legal advice and assist you with modifications of custody, child support obligations or spousal maintenance.
- Grandparents’ rights: The state of Minnesota recognizes grandparents’ right to take over the parental responsibility of their grandchildren in many nontraditional families in the event of their child’s death. Our attorneys have assisted grandparents in obtaining custody or court-ordered parenting time with their grandchildren.
- Stepparent adoption: Many stepparents wish to legally formalize the relationship with the child they already consider their own. There are many legal obligations to fulfill and complex paperwork to complete. We patiently guide you as we help you understand the entire process.
- Paternity actions: Minnesota law requires that, when parents have children out of wedlock, the mother is entitled to sole legal and physical custody until and unless the father requests custody and/or parenting time from the court. We help fathers secure their legal rights and ensure a meaningful relationship with their children.
- Child support actions: Minnesota statutes provide laws, rules and procedures that govern child support matters. A lawyer can be extremely helpful in voicing a parent’s needs and concerns involving child support, and its enforcement. Specifically, it is important that the court uses the correct income information and parenting time arrangement when calculating support. Starting August 1, 2018, a new child support law takes effect, and we can help achieve a favorable result when applying the new law.
- Orders for protection: Whether you are afraid for your physical safety or are being accused of abuse, we can help. Our attorneys have experience in both obtaining and defending against orders for protection.
We Offer Experienced And Compassionate Family Law Guidance
When you need legal assistance for family issues, we are eager to serve you at Hess & Jendro Law Office, P.A. Located in Elk River and serving the surrounding Sherburne County, we truly care about our clients as individuals, and we do everything possible to ensure a positive resolution for your case. Call us today at 763-200-6626 or contact us online to arrange a free consultation. We serve the people of the Twin Cities and Central Minnesota.