People facing bankruptcy are often afraid that they can never qualify for credit again. The knowledgeable bankruptcy attorneys at Hess & Jendro Law Office, P.A. can assist with post-bankruptcy financial strategies.
As soon as you file for bankruptcy, you can begin rebuilding your credit. Sometimes your credit score improves immediately because bankruptcy removes high balances, late payments and records of unpaid debt from your report. Incorrect and inaccurate information can be removed from your credit report. Also:
- If you file a Chapter 13, you may qualify for a Federal Housing Administration (FHA) home loan after submitting 12 on-time payments to the Chapter 13 bankruptcy trustee.
- Your bank may provide a secured credit card where you put down a deposit and your credit line is equal to that amount.
- You can qualify for some credit cards within six to twelve months of filing a Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Then charge no more than 30 percent of your limit and pay off the balance each month.
- Some car loans are available though you may pay higher rates.
- Pay your bills on time as your payment history makes up 35 percent of your credit score.
Even though bankruptcy may stay on your credit history for up to ten years, it can be the first step in building a new credit profile. Minneapolis bankruptcy attorneys at Hess & Jendro Law Office, P.A. can advise you on which form of bankruptcy is best for your financial situation.
For immediate debt relief and an end to harassment by creditors, contact Hess & Jendro Law Office, P.A..They want to give you back hope for your financial future.